View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Mo's Battle Reports 

Vehicles hurt a little bit, but I wouldn't say that much.
I really wanted command squads, not that I needed them by the end, though the Stormies could of done with a medic. I also wanted a priest and another Commissar, but again, not that I needed them by the end, having completely ripped out the heart of those marines. So I admit that my armor hurt me in some ways, there is no way that I would try to do anything without some armor and oddball units to act as a distraction. My hellhound, assassin, and sternguard absorbed enough shooting to wipe all my guard squads, and the hellhound made back its points with that ungodly death thrower it calls a weapon.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:58 pm

How mamy stormies were in the squad? I mean, i remember my stormies in the old edition being interesting but a luxury point wise due to them getting decimated almost as badly as regular guards. Are they survivable enough to run a small team, or do they need the numbers to soak casualties?

Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:05 pm
Site Admin

Talking about Hellhounds, they where always my fluff favourite tanks, now that flamer weapons are the big thing of this edition so far, I'm in love and will probably run a list with 3 of them.....

Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:22 pm

I ran mine in full 10 man squads, the extra wounds were desperately needed, but to be fair a suicide squad of 5 would have done exactly what I needed doing, which was blowing that bird out of the sky. It just wouldn't have trapped his assault marines and chaplain the entire game with a smaller number.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:42 am

Hmm, then maybe I'll run mine as suicide deep strikers, drop a comissar, and see if I can't finagle enough points to take some armor.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:01 am

Got two reports on the way, just really tired right now!

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:43 am

So, had a couple games over the last couple of weeks but since I have been sick I have been less than interested in posting, sorry!

The first was just a "throw whats cool on the table" game, I went in with Sisters of Silence, a Cataphractii marine captain, some vets, a contemptor dread and a hellhound. I won't really give a rundown of it because it was a slightly eh game. I discovered that Custodes live up to their name after they ate two assassins for lunch and left my opponent terrified of them for the rest of the game. The contemptor did exactly what it is supposed to, the vets died, the hellhound died a fiery death after eating marines, and we just declared it a draw by the end since he had the objective but I had more forces left.

Second was a fun one, I only got a couple pictures of it which I will put up later. I was playing chaos with a large number of cultists, turns out they are basically vets. So my objective was to destroy a temple at the far corner of the map, my opponent had to hold me off for six turns. I had a force of havocs, a sorcerer, daemonettes, pox walkers, and cultists (portrayed by my chaos dwarfs, because hashut is best.)
It wasn't overly interesting in the tactical sense so I won't get into it, in fact I probably won't go to indepth with all of them. I slogged my poxwalkers and cultists at him as the havocs tired their best to hit things, this was not easy as he was using all scouts and 2+ saves in cover are bullshit in the best possible way. The rocket launchers were in range but failed to harm the objective in a meaningful way, the cultists were shot down to a man, the daemonettes murdered everything they went for, the heavy bolters were my only reliable shooting, and he one by pulling a wonderful move. He blocked the path to the objective in as many scout bodies as he could. I couldn't kill them fast enough, so he won the match with two scouts left. I died laughing.

Third was tonight, I forgot to take pictures except for one which I will put up later. We pulled one of the guys we introduced to Fantasy into 40k for tonight and let him play some marines asmy partner. I took stormies with an inquisitor, acolytes, death cult assassins, and a contemptor dread to back them up. Started out with a stealth beginning, opponent had patrols as we moved our forces up and picked them off as best we could, which took awhile because our shooting was shit. By third turn we finally took out the patrols, I dropped my stormies, and my contemptor got in range to wreck face. I then proceeded to have the most embarrassing rolling that every happened in the face of gaming. Two ten man squads of stormies, a stormy commander, and a stormy command squad... hit nothing. Absolutely nothing. My partner then proceeded to... hit nothing. My opponent then took the time to mulch my stormies with his punisher and vets. The command squad survived, my commander got stuck in with some vets, my contemptor punched a chimera into the next town, and my partner sniped out the objective ending things on a note of mild shame of a Pyrrhic victory at turn five.

So, a draw with "Imperium" a loss with Chaos, and a bad victory with inquisitorial stormies. Not the best week for old Mo, should stick with Guard I guess.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2