View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
St. Macharius Saloon 

Now that's some proper good news! <thumbs-up> Worth drinking at least one for success.

Mo - D20. Most of the party were first-time players when we started, so I wanted simple mechanics to ease them into playing. Worked, if I say so myself, rather well, given one of them is the GM for the abovementioned WFRP campaign.

I've seen the FFG one, but frankly I find that mechanics dreadfull. As far as the special dice and advantage/disadvantage mechanics go (usefull and interesting as the idea is), fairly competent GM can do that with margins of success/failure alone, and profession progress booklets are, imo, worst implemented idea since WFRP schemes of advancements.

Never seen the old d6 mechanics, but afaik this year they're printing the 30 year edition rulebook, and am considering it. Then again about that time Blood Red Skies are coming out, and being Chambers-made is imo great recommendation for game mechanics...

Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3