View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Miscellanea and random thoughts. 
Site Admin

According to your local officer, selective use of new Imperium Issued Rules & Regulations with alleged old versions (Which according to Imperial Registers, never existed, because our rules ARE PERFECT & ARE EXACTLY THE SAME SINCE THE EMPEROR'S FIRST ISSUING OF THEM) shall be deemed Heresy and Purged, but we are all friendly ratlings, ogryns and stuff around here, so if you won't tell we won't too....

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:46 am

Fun fact, that's precisely the reason I was watching that demo, not playing it. And generally keeping to the side apart from few questions to store staff afterwards.

For some inexplicable reason people playing 4th- ed aren't exactly well seen in GW stores here. Apart from the obvious fact old players tend not to buy a lot.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:55 pm

You gents ever heard of the rpg Warbirds? Its about pulpy dieselpunk dogfighting action in a world where the earth has been transformed in a gas giant and the remaining land (the islands of the Caribbeans) is held aloft by float stone, which can be used to make airships of course. It has a splat book called Warbirds Space Age, which is pulpy dogfighting... IN SPACE!

Thinking of pitching it for my friends and seeing if they are interested. But, I am having trouble choosing.
A. Pulpy dieselpunk fun as world powers fight over a newly surfaced Atlantean landmass (represented by Ulthuan, because I'm wonderfully lazy) with the players as mercs in the middle of it.
B. Pulpy retro sci fi fun with the players as space pirates.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:37 am

Not untill today, but revievs looks good enough for me to be dissapointed it's in pdf distribution.

Personally I'd say go for the dieselpunk, regular fighters are cooler than space fighters. And dogfights are way cooler with eyeballing things rather than using combat computers. That being said, why not run the idea through potential players and let them decide?

Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:23 pm

I did, I'm still waiting for them to stop talking about our scheduling issues for Shadowrun and answer that.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:42 pm
Site Admin

Scheduling issues, the very problem why I don't play RPG since 2009...

Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:46 pm

The amount of scheduling problems grows logarithmicly as number of people trying to find common free time grows.

This is the reason that a friend had an idea for a Black Crusade campaign in May, and so far we've managed to create characters.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:44 pm

Well, I for one have always supported smaller groups for exactly this reason XD

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:06 am

Hey nerds, how's it been?

Do we have an IRC or discord we use to supplement the board?

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:52 am

That is suggesting we are in any way organized and not just meandering through life.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next