View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Miscellanea and random thoughts. 

So, it appears Chaos Cultists are not only more expensive points-wise than guardsmen, they also get the LEGION faction keyword. How the mighty have fallen and all.
Horus must be turning in his grave so fast that with a little copper wire and a magnet we could power half the galaxy from it.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:46 am

On the other hand, the Forge World Renegades and Heretics list in the Forces of the Astra Militarum looks pretty badass.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:27 pm

So You'd say that one is worth buying?

Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:33 pm

Still trying to decide that myself to be honest. Not everything in it is overly useful.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:18 pm

Well, it doesn't look bad. Even though for renegades I think I'll rather stick to the Tyrant's Legion list.

In otter news, RPG fun fact:
In Star Wars d20, whenever action goes into tight spaces (ie. hab blocks or boarding actions) stun setting becomes horribly overpowered: low- to mid-level character can easily shrug off up to 5 hits before becoming worried about losing wounds, while very few characters (mostly Wookies) still stand after second hit with the stun mode.

Thus, todays game had the shortest ambush ever: party (ISB agents, between 5th and 8th lvl), carrying vital documents, decided to brave city on foot despite growing unrest as news about Alderaan and the first Death Star spread, ignore their own instincts and walk in the middle of a group of loitering civilians.
A Rebel sympathiser they are passing by drops a stun grenade (obviously both hitting the pavement and going down, it's just a lvl 1 human scoundrel...). Out of 5 Fortitude tests nobody rolls above 9 (and even that's with Force Point reroll). Nearby Rebels move the party into a building, keep them under with chemicals, acquire documents, grenades and blaster pistols courtesy of unconsious agents, and walk away.
Party finally wakes up. Realise what happened. Figure out it's their n-th failure this month. Game ends with agents sitting in the empty room, and wondering if maybe it's a good moment to play dead to the Imperium and try changing careers to indepentend contractors or bounty hunters instead.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:12 pm

Continuing the SW:d20 theme:
Player to an NPC entering the room. In character, no less: Hello, fellow Imperial Officer, just give us a moment untill we finish plotting our defection from the Empire."
Afterwards party was somewhat surprised their attempt at stealing a shuttle ended in an ambush.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:50 pm

Players, they are a special, clueless breed.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:50 pm
Site Admin

I once had a campaign of GURPS Roman Empire end very early when a player successfully sneaked the guards and killed Caesar on the podium in a stadium while the rest of the group put up a hell of an impressive fight on the arena (even the guards where impressed by the pyromaniac slave with a staff with both ends as torches and the gladium totting macho guy killing a tiger while the rogue girl had overpowered an archer and proceeded to kill some 5 guys from the other team they where pitted against.....), and that left me traumatized to DM to that group kkkkk

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:27 am

Nice! Talking about crazy players, my group has started doing Out of the Abyss for 5th edition. Entirely as gnomes.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:04 am

Whether You mean actuall gnomes or just the svirfneblin, that's an interesting approach - playing drows is, tbh, done to death and then some. Now playing one of the lowest forms in pecking order, that opens up whole new world of sneakiness, infiltration opportunities and unconventional solutions <thumbs-up>

In otter news, got my copy of Codex:Imperial Guard today. Sadly, regimental doctrines boil down to merely 8, but it can be worked with.
Even more sadly, the unexplained (mean, there's more than enough place on "datacards" anyway) split between unit entries and point value list has been kept. One would think GW has some sort of testing stage for those things, for I've long since stopped expecting them to look up the feedback.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next