View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Well, Codexes are coming 
Site Admin

Marines in July, but they say we'll have 10 Codexes for major factions by the end of the year, I assume this will include Astra Militarum, but we can only guess...

Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:33 am

I'd say every index fraction will get at least one Codex, too obvious a way for cashgrab for GW to ignore it.

And I'd rather wonder what do they mean by extra units, stratagems and rules in codexes, as that could mean it becoming neccesary in some capacity to buy the extra books.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:12 am
Site Admin

They also say that while the Indexes support discontinued miniatures, Codexes will only support the currently sold minis at the moment of the release. They use the example of Drednoughs, as the new model has less options, the Codex version will reflect that. For old models you will have to use the Index rules and you can mix, but if your model is represented on the Codex, you must use the Codex rules, points and stats in official tournaments and campaigns. Outside of that, anything players agree is fair game, they say....

Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:51 am

yes, this doesn't bode well for me. I had hoped that the powers that be greedy had turned a new leaf.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:23 am
Site Admin

Never bought a dex in life, sooner than later they end as a pdf somewhere....

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:35 am

So, basically, repeat of WFB 5th ed Ravening hordes. Well, nihil novi sub sole and all that.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:40 am

6th edition Makoto. I play Chaos Dwarfs, and ravening hordes was definitely 6th edition, because we didn't get an update. Ever.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:22 am

Right, it was after 5th ed. Either way it's an old idea.

And right, Earthshaker cannons and bull centaurs were, sadly, never again seen. Basically the only army that could stand head-to-head with Imperial State Troops.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:04 pm

I just hope they save the Leman Russ Vanquisher. Currently it's worse VS tanks than the Hellhound, in terms of average wounds pr turn.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:08 pm

Panzergraf wrote:
I just hope they save the Leman Russ Vanquisher. Currently it's worse VS tanks than the Hellhound, in terms of average wounds pr turn.

So our primary anti-tank tank is worse than an APC with a burna? Nice. :roll: I've only just started reading the new rules this week and trying to get my hands around the details.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]