View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Conscripts unfair? 

So in my wanderings in the internet (which can lead to some ungodly horrible places)

I've stumbled upon many a person complaining that conscripts are unfair. There have been many suggested solutions for the issues ranging from:

0-1 choice
Increase points cost
Removal.

Do you really think it's that Bad? I personally am of the opinion people at this point can't handle horde armies, and are still stuck in death star mode 7th edition.

Sure commissar mitigate the whole poor moral issue, but the answer is sniper rifles. Sniper rifles remove a lot of the buffs we get from our characters, but it seems likens many just don't see it that way.

Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:50 pm

Sniper scouts and assault scouts have pretty much made me stop playing with conscripts, my opponent always has them and devours any character backed mob I bring. So, I can't really say they are OP or unfair, just powerful in the right situations.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:25 am

Basically any dedicated antipersonel weapon or assault squad chews through them surprisingly swiftly. And they're merely 5+/5+, and while flamers offset that, they also mean the need to get close and thus, swifter into melee, which is a huge waste of conscripts (no way to utilise most models, unlike shooting).

Thus, conscripts are a powerfull, if at times unwieldy tool that, as any other tool, needs to be used and countered properly.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:26 pm

From what I've been gathering conscripts in combat are falling back then using the get back in the fight order to fire again.

Conscripts can have flamers?

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:13 pm

My mistake, they used to have flamers and I don't use them anyway.

Also, not just conscripts, entire Guard infantry just falls back and gets order to fire. If it weren't for the one order per turn limitation they'd also get orders to rapid-fire twice and to charge with bayonets afterwards, that's how many orders we get to enjoy this edition.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]