View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Knights? 

What do you guys think of knights as a support unit for Guard? I already have a Stormlord that I magnetized so I can also play it as a Shadowsword. Would a knight bring anything new/necessary other than the rule of cool? If so, any particular type? I've never played nor played against one, I just like the model.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:09 pm

My friend has one, has yet to assemble it. I think he is intimidated by it. Want to see one in action.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:37 am

Only ever seen one on table, and it looked properly intimidating, but literally can't say anything about hers actuall efficiency - she fell on turn one to massed earthshaker, plasma and krak missile fire. Then again she did take away a whole turn of firing away from rest of the army, so there's at least that.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:54 pm

Makoto wrote:
Only ever seen one on table, and it looked properly intimidating, but literally can't say anything about hers actuall efficiency - she fell on turn one to massed earthshaker, plasma and krak missile fire. Then again she did take away a whole turn of firing away from rest of the army, so there's at least that.

I don't know how many points they typically go for but that's not an insignificant contribution. Probably not the best use for one but hopefully long-game helpful.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:05 pm

The Knight with the rapid fire Battle Cannon (Paladin or something?) has the same firepower (more or less) as a regular Leman Russ Battle Tank firing twice (grinding advance). You can get three battle tanks with hull lascannons for just a few more points than that Knight - or a few points less than an upgraded Knight. If you put a single Knight up against three Russes, I'll put my money on the tanks, especially if you have a command tank nearby to issue them with orders like the Cadian "Pound them to Dust" tank order, or if you just field them as Catachans.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:40 am

Panzergraf wrote:
The Knight with the rapid fire Battle Cannon (Paladin or something?) has the same firepower (more or less) as a regular Leman Russ Battle Tank firing twice (grinding advance). You can get three battle tanks with hull lascannons for just a few more points than that Knight - or a few points less than an upgraded Knight. If you put a single Knight up against three Russes, I'll put my money on the tanks, especially if you have a command tank nearby to issue them with orders like the Cadian "Pound them to Dust" tank order, or if you just field them as Catachans.

Excellent point. Hard to argue with tanks, especially with them getting Grinding Advance and reroll orders.

Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:40 pm

Not to mention the fact that a column of armor is a helluva lot more fun to make than a Knight.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]