View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Lore Question: Deathstrike Missiles 

So I'm eyeballing this half-built manticore that's been sitting on my WIP bench for a few years and considering turning it into a Deathstrike for that next level amusement factor. I am wondering however what paint scheme such a rare and exotic piece of equipment should be given. Certainly it wouldn't be part of my existing regiment's motorpool or reserve of artillery pieces. But this begs the question of how these units would actually fit into an Imperial Army's organizational structure. Would they be part of a Lord General's life company? A dedicated squadron existing outside the traditional levy system?

The Imperial Guard has the Schola Progenium and there are examples in fluff of large Imperial Armies having some sort of central command units existing outside the guard as an accumulation of regiments. Anyone have any ideas?

Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:43 am

Wouldn't they be a part of AdMech detachment assigned to the regiment/Lord General?

On the same basis as fluffwise all air assets are part of the Navy instead of Guard (obviously that raises a hell and then some organisational and administrative problems, almost like the sheer hell Heer/SS/LuftWaffe LandDivisionen/Kriegsmarine LandDivisionen/Todt division did for the Reich, but fluff doesn't have to follow logic).

Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:18 pm

The Imperium is BUILT on logistical and bureaucratic nightmares.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:06 am
Site Admin

They are most likely from a specialized regiment that is almost never deployed in full, although they are raised, trained and initially equipped together.... Then it's fragmented and seconded to regiments as part time aid. If this happens on a longer campaign, their paint scheme will be adjusted accordingly to match the needs, but if it's an improvised response to something, they might not have the time and/or resources to do so....

Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]