View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
How have people been doing in 8th? 

It's been a while, and we've had a load of codexes (codices?) come in. How are people playing these days? And how does everyone find 8th?
I've neglected my Guard in favour of Battle Sisters, which got buffed into space with the index. Went from an army which couldn't deal with anything to suddenly having all the answers (and firepower). I spent a good few months mowing down anything that looked at me until some factions started to get their codex, now I have some more fair matches. I've also not had a problem with the streamlining in the rules (odd considering I hated the same in Fantasy). A friend of mine used to field the Ghostkeel, which had so many rules it might as well have said "don't bother, it destroys your army". But with fewer rules it's easier to understand why something is good, and possible to look for weaknesses.
So, how are you guys doing?

Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:33 pm

It has been fun for me in 8th. I did not play 7th and only a few times in 6th. I have played about 12 games since 8th edition came out. so far so good for me. Imperial guard is a blast to play. I will post my most recent army list soon.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:22 am

Better. For starters, made it easier to lure people into 2nd ed (Armageddon helped too). Also, made it possible to actually kill Land Raiders with massed lasgun fire, which is just hillarious.

Besides, detachments made me do some experimenting with genestealer cults (or rather, Guard hounding whatever poor buggers covering in front of them with swarms of genestealers) and vehicles (basilisk-backed infantrymen), so all in all I really can't complain.

The correct answer is: This is our job.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:55 pm

Having the best time I have had with 40k and been dabbling into a little of everything now. Guard, Chaos, Marines. Its been grand!
How much did you spend on Sisters animal? I have always been tempted but looking for cheaper alternatives hasn't gotten me far.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:11 am

I lucked out with Sisters, a good friend of mine had a collection which he was happy to part with for not a lot of money. Think I gave him £150 for basically an army, so he gave me very favourable prices. As a result I've gone almost horde Sisters
A cheaper alternative, if you're able to kitbash a Repressor. A popular online list on the Sisters pages is Dominion (special weapon) squads in Repressors. Lower model count might make it more viable. Also a powerful army but probably more likely to get hit with the nerfbat in the future, Repressors already went up in Chapter Approved.
Played a game with my girls today. Most armies might have a problem dealing with over 150 Orks rampaging toward them. Not mine XD

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:33 pm

I can sell the charred scent of Ork from here!

Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:07 am

Smells like victory!

Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:41 pm
Site Admin

Smells like Sorority kkkk

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]